Hello friends! SSC CGL TIER-I exam 9th August has been over for both shift morning and evening shift. In this post we are covering SSC CGL TIER 1 Exam Paper Analysis of 9th August, 2015 exam.
The question paper were having four sections General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English Section. The questions pattern were same as last years. The weightage of topics were almost same for both shifts.
Also read – IBPS Clerk V Exam 2015 Notification Out
Here we are providing section wise analysis. It might help people to get a rough idea of major topics from each section for their 16th August exam.
So let’s start with SSC CGL TIER 1 Exam Paper Analysis –
1. General Intelligence & Reasoning Section –
This was the first section of the question paper and was easiest among all four sections. The majority of the questions was from topics – Analogy, Series, Odd One Out, Visual Reasoning and Calculation Based Questions. You can easily score 35 marks in 35 minutes and that would be a good score to get in for Tier-II.
Here is the details of the topics and questions were asked from them-
- Analogy – 5 – 6 questions.
- Odd an Out – 6 questions.
- Series – 6-7 questions.
- Syllogism – 2 questions.
- Non Verbal Reasoning – 8-9 questions.
- Coding – Decoding – 2-3 questions.
- Directions Based – 2 questions.
- Analytical – 2 questions.
- Venn Diagrams – 3 questions.
- Word formatting – 3 questions.
- Miscellaneous – 9 questions.
Total Questions = 50
So in these last five days give a review on these topics – Analogy, Odd one out, Series, Non-verbal reasoning and get rid of silly mistakes.
2. General Awareness –
The next section comes General Awareness. Like previous years this section was the hardest section. In this sections most of the questions were asked from General Science topic.
Questions were asked from Static GK, there were a few questions from current affairs. Scoring 20 marks would be good score to get qualified.
Here is topic wise details –
- General Science – 20 – 22 questions.
- History – 5 questions.
- Economics – 6 questions.
- Geography – 5 questions.
- Polity – 5 questions.
- Miscellaneous (Current Affairs and others) – 6 -7 questions.
So in these last five days have a look on General science again.
3. Quantitative Aptitude –
The next section comes quant sections. This section was easy to moderate in difficulty level. The majority of questions were from topics – Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry. Good score will be 35+ marks to get it second phase.
Topic wise distribution is given below –
- Geometry – 5–6
- Co-ordinate Geometry – 2
- Algebra – 5-6
- Trigonometry – 6-7
- Number System – 3
- Time and Work – 2-3
- Percentage/ Profit, Loss & Discount – 3–4
- Time and Distance/pipe cisterns – 4-6
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest – 2
- Mensuration – 4
- Ratio/Allegation/ Average – 4
- DI -6-7
4. English Section –
The last section of the question paper was English section. This section was easy. Majority of the questions was from topics – Vocabulary and Grammar. Good score might be 35 marks to get in for second phase.
The section wise analysis is given below-
- Vocabulary (Synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms, Fill in the Blanks and One word for many) – 20 questions.
- Grammar (Sentence Correction, Fill in the Blanks and Spotting the Error) – 15-17 questions.
- Reading Comprehension (Two passages) – 10 questions.
- Spellings – 3-5 questions.
Expected cut-off for SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam 2015 –
The expected cut off might be in between 100 – 115 marks for general category candidates. However the final cut-off will be released by SSC after declaration of result. We are expecting this cut-off based on feedback that we received on social media groups from aspirants who wrote the exam. We don’t take any responsibility if cut-off varies.
We wish you Good Luck for your bright future