Sindhutai Sapkal, a social worker and mother of thousands of orphans children, is more than just a name. A 71 years old lady who is also called as Mother Teresa of Maharashtra.
Name – Sindhutai Sapkal(Mai)
Born – 14 November 1948
Place – Pimpri Meghe village in Maharastra
Known for – Raising orphan children
Early Life and Marriage
- Sindhutai Sapkal was born 14 November 1948 in Pimpri Meghe village in Maharastra. She gets married when she was just 12 years old with a 30 years old man called Shrihari Sapkal.
- When she was 9 months pregnant, her husband, Shrihari Sapkal beat up and threw her in a cow shelter where she gave birth to her first child.
- After such an incident, she lost here fair in god and society as well and decided to commit suicide.
- But due to the child, she started begging at railway stations for a daily wage.
- On the railway station, Sindhutai Sapkal came across with similar people and soon realised that there are many orphans children who are struggling for a daily wage.
- After such a realization, Sindhutai Sapkal started adopting orphan children.
- Today, she is the mother of thousands of orphan children.
- Today, Sindhutai is running an orphanage where more than 1000 orphan children are living, studying. Some of her children have been grown up and running their own orphanages.
- Sindhutai has good communication skill. She has been seen at many workshops, seminars where she gives motivational speeches to the audience.
- Shindhutai Sapkal has been honoured with 500+ national and international awards for her dedicated work.
- From these awards or medals, she has built a house for her children where they have Library, Study room, Computer room, Big hall for cultural activities and other required facilities.
- Her husband came back to her at the age of 70 where she accepted him as her oldest child.
Today, Sindhutai Sapkal’s foundation is running from private findings. People are donating for a cause.
In 2010, a Marathi language movie was released on her life. Movie name is “Mee Sindutai Sapkal”
Brainybull salute Sindhutai for her dedication and hard work she has done for orphan children. (With tears in eyes)