Hello friends! SSC is going to conduct the SSC CHSL Exam 2015 for the Post of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants, Data Entry Operators and Lower Divisional Clerks very soon for 3523, 2049 and 1006 posts respectively.
The exam will be conducted on following dates –
- 1st November, 2015
- 15th November, 2015
- 22nd November, 2015
According to SSC Official Facebook fan page, around 79 Lakhs students have applied this year for total 6578 posts. So the competition is very high you have to work smart to get qualified the exam. So let’s first have a look of the exam procedure and syllabus.
The SSC CHSL Exam Will Conducted in two phases –
- Written Test.
- Typing Skill Test.
Written Test – SSC CHSL Exam 2015 –
The questions in written test will be objective type. There will be 200 questions in the exam paper and candidates will be given 2 Hours to solve the question paper. There will be following 4 sections in the question paper –
- General Intelligence and Reasoning (50 Questions – 50 Marks)
- English Language (50 Questions – 50 Marks)
- Quantitative Aptitude (50 Questions – 50 Marks)
- General Awareness (50 Questions – 50 Marks)
Here we are topic wise break up of all the above four sections-
#1. General Intelligence and Reasoning (50 Questions – 50 Marks) –
- Analogy – 7 Marks
- Word Arrangement – 3 Marks
- Odds an out – 7 Marks
- Non Verbal Reasoning – 8 Marks
- Number/Alphanumeric series – 6 Marks
- Venn Diagram – 2 Marks
- Logical/syllogism Reasoning – 3 Marks
- Coding – decoding – 3 Marks
- Direction/Ranking – 3 Marks
- Matrix – 1 Mark
- Blood Relation – 1 Mark
- Miscellaneous Questions – 6 Marks
#2. English Language (50 Questions – 50 Marks) –
- Sentence Improvement – 4 Marks
- Cloze Test – 10 Marks
- Sentence Completion – 4 Marks
- Reading Comprehension – 5 Marks
- Wrongly Spelt Words – 2 Marks
- Spotting Error – 5 Marks
- Synonyms – 5 Marks
- Antonyms – 5 Marks
- Idioms/Phrases – 4 Marks
- One Word Substitution – 5 Marks
#3. Quantitative Aptitude (50 Questions – 50 Marks) –
- Algebra – 5 Marks
- Number System – 4 Marks
- Percentage/ Profit, Loss & Discount – 7 Marks
- Time , Speed and Distance – 3 Marks
- Ratio/Allegation/ Average – 3 Marks
- Time and Work – 3 Marks
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest – 2 Marks
- Data Interpretation – 7 Marks
- Mensuration – 6 Marks
- Geometry – 4 Marks
- Co-ordinate Geometry – 2 Marks
- Trigonometry – 5 Marks
#4. General Awareness (50 Questions – 50 Marks) –
- History – 7-9 Marks
- Polity – 6-8 Marks
- Geography – 5-7 Marks
- Economy – 5-7 Marks
- General Science – 12-15 Marks
- Current Affairs – 3-5 Marks
- Miscellaneous – 5-8 Marks
Note: This analysis is based on our assumptions as per previous years papers. The analysis may be varies as SSC has all rights to change it. We will not be responsible for any change in paper analysis.
Safe Cut-off for SSC CHSL Exam 2015 –
However we can’t predict the cut-off marks before seeing the exam paper. But the last year’s cut-off marks for general category was 120 marks for get selected for descriptive test. The safe score can be assumed 135 marks.
However the final cut-off marks will be announced by SSC Office after result declaration.
Note: In 2014, SSC CHSL had a descriptive paper. SSC CHSL 2015 does NOT have descriptive test as a part of selection process as per notification. However SSC may include it if it needed.
Useful preparation tips for SSC CHSL Exam 2015 –
- Solve previous year question paper as much as you can. The questions are repeated over the years with same values.
- For English section try to learn at least 10 new English words daily. Note down the Meaning and example of each word you find unfamiliar or difficult to remember.
- Sum up all the one word substitutions, Idioms and phrases and vocabulary from the previous year books and learn them to score good in English section in SSC CHSL Exam 2015.
- Don’t skip the comprehension part, the passages asked in exam are easy and can be scored off quickly.
- Read newspapers daily to improve your General Awareness and English Comprehension.
- For Aptitude section, practice as much as possible. Use maths short tricks while practising. Try to solve questions more quick and with complete accuracy.
- Go through the last year’s questions so that you can score good in General Awareness section in SSC CHSL Exam 2015.
- Go through some magazines that focus General Knowledge like Pratiyogita Darpan and Manorma.
- For Reasoning Section, always remember that the given question will be solved by the data given only, don’t make unnecessary assumptions or judgement while solving the problem. Use smart and appropriate tricks and method for solving any problem.
- Reasoning section is more time taking section than other sections, so time limit must be kept in mind while solving this section.
- In the Examination hall attempt question paper according to your preparation. First attempt that section which is your strength and less time taking.
- If there is any question witch is out of your knowledge and you are not sure about the correct answer. Is it better to skip it to avoid negative marking.
Ask in comment box if you have any query. We will be happy to help you.
Brainybull wishes you good luck for your exam. All the best friends : )