Hello friends! We all know that Nobel Prize is the world’s most reputed prize. Nobel Prize is given in the field of Science (Physics & Chemistry), Physiology or Medicine, Literature, Peace and Economic Sciences.
The Nobel Prize distributing committee has announced the name of Nobel Prize winner 2015. So it is the important topic for the upcoming Banking exams. Questions may be asked on the Nobel Prize Winners 2015.
So in this post we are proving the information about Nobel Prize Winners 2015.
1. The Nobel Prize Winners 2015 in Chemistry –
The winners are –
- Tomas Lindahl – from Sweden.
- Paul Modrich – from United States.
- Aziz Sancar – from Turkey.
Why Given – The all above mentioned people get Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2015 for “mechanistic studies of DNA repair”
2. The Nobel Prize Winners 2015 in Physics –
The winners are –
- Takaaki Kajita – from Japan.
- Arthur B. McDonald – from Canada.
Why Given – For the discovery of neutrino oscillations, which shows that neutrinos have mass.
3. The Nobel Prize Winners 2015 in Physiology or Medicine –
The Nobel Prize Winner 2015 in Physiology or Medicine is divided in two parts.
The first half is given to –
- Youyou Tu – from China,
Why Given – For her discoveries concerning a novel therapy against Malaria.
And the second half is given to –
- William C. Campbell – from Ireland.
- Satoshi Ōmura – from Japan.
Why Given -for their discoveries concerning a novel therapy against infections caused by roundworm parasites.
4. The Nobel Prize Winner 2015 in Literature –
The Nobel Prize 2015 in Literature is given to –
- Svetlana Alexievich – From Belarus.
Why given – For her polyphonic writings, a monument to suffering and courage in our time.
5. The Nobel Peace Prize Winner 2015 –
- National Dialogue Quartet
Why given – For its decisive contribution to the building of a pluralistic democracy in Tunisia in the wake of the Jasmine Revolution of 2011.
6. The Nobel Prize Winner 2015 in Economic Sciences –
- Angus Deaton – from United Kingdom.
Why given – For his analysis of consumption, poverty, and welfare.
What the Nobel Prize Winner Receive –
- The Nobel Diplomas
- The Nobel Medals
- The Prize Amount( 8.0 million Swedish kronor per full Nobel Prize.)
Noble Prize Winner Indians –
- Ravindranath Tagore – Literature (1913) for his
- C.V. Raman – Physics (1930)
- Hargobind Khurana – Medicine (1968)
- Mother Taresa – Peace (1979)
- Subramanyam Chandershekhar – Physics (1983)
- Amartya Sen – Economics (1998)
- V.S Naypal – (2001)
- Kailash Satyarthi – Peace (2014)
Additional Information on Nobel Prize –
- Established: In 1901 in the memory of Alfred Nobel.
- Fields: Noble Prize was given in Physics, Medicine, Chemistry, Peace, Literature and economics.
- Maximum 3 people can receive in a particular field in a year.