JEE Main 2017 – Hello everyone! CBSE is going to conduct JEE Main exam 2017 very soon. Every year CBSE conducts IIT JEE exam in two phase JEE Main Exam and JEE Advance Exam. Lakhs of students appeared in JEE exam every year. Every student who dreams to get admission in India’s top Engineering institute, are need to qualify JEE exam.
Like every year the students who want to get admission in B.Tech/B.E, needs to appear in paper-1, while the students who want to get admission in B.Arch / B.Planning, needs to appear in paper-2.
JEE Main 2017 will be held to get admission in 18 IITs, 31 NITs and GFTIs and other participating state’s engineering colleges.
The students who successfully qualify the JEE Main 2017 Exam will be allowed to appear in JEE Advance 2017.
Important Changes in JEE Main Exam 2017 –
IIT Council has made some important changes from this year. These changes will be applicable in JEE Main 2017 onwards. According to official notification from IIT council the following changes has made –
- There will be no weightage of 12th class marks in JEE Main 2017.
- A candidate required minimum aggregate 75% marks (65% marks for SC/ST Students) in 12th class to qualify to get admission in IITs, NITs and GFTIs.
Important Dates of JEE Main 2017 –
Note – The above-mentioned dates are tentative dates. CBSE didn’t announce any dates yet.
JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria –
- All the candidates who have passed their 12th class exam in 2015, 2016 and 12th class appearing students are eligible to appear in the exam.
- Candidates who have five subjects 1-Language, 2-Physics, 3-Mathematics, 4-Any one of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject), 5-Any other subjects are eligible.
Age Criteria –
The student should not be born before 1 October 1992. For SC/ST/PWD students it’s 1 October 1987.
Application Fees for JEE Main Exam 2017 –
The exam fees for IIT JEE Main Exam 2017 will be as follows –
IIT JEE Main 2017 Exam Pattern –
Paper -1 for B.Tech / B.E
Paper -2 for B.Arch/ B.Planning
Important Notes –
- The exam will be Online or Offline Mode for Paper-1 and Only Offline Mode for Paper-1.
- Questions asked in the exam will be objective type questions.
- There will be 1/4 Negative marking for each wrong answer.
The other information and updates will be updated when CBSE announces them. We recommended you to bookmark this page for future updates.
Good Luck Friends : )